Friday, August 16, 2013

A Challenge!










I'm so excited! I was perusing my blog list this morning and saw where Tasha and Rochelle are having a sewing challenge: Pick your favorite era and make something (anything!) but you must use cotton fabric. I think this is just the kick I need to get started on my Fall wardrobe. I went by Joann's today (they are having a fantastic sale...I may need to go back) and after much deliberation I decided on fabric. Once I got home I looked through my patterns and found one that I've had for some time and I've been wanting to make, just haven't gotten around to it. Here is the fabric and the pattern I've chosen:

 I will be sewing the second view (the shorter one) and am debating sleeve length. I may keep the shorter sleeves as I have both a red cardigan and a green cardigan for warmth if needed. In case it's hard to tell in the photo, the fabric is a grayed navy blue with little cream colored flowers. The other fabric that I absolutely loved was a grey with silvery dots. I'm seriously thinking of going back and getting some of it to make another dress as I can just picture it in my mind. While thrifting I picked up a length of red corduroy that I think will become a skirt, too. Things are shaping up in my closet!

If you're so inclined to join in this fun challenge, visit Tasha or Rochelle and get the scoop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment