Tuesday, October 15, 2013

French Dip Sandwiches (Crocktober Recipe)

I have a special treat for you today. I actually took a picture of the finished product! Woo hoo! As promised, here is the first in a string of crock pot recipes, all in celebration of Crocktober. Friday I will begin a 13 Days of Halloween series with crafts, decorations, and fun recipes.

This recipe is tried and true. I have made it many times and it never disappoints. It is deceptively simple (four ingredients!), incredibly easy, and quite delicious. I believe I found this recipe in an old freezer cooking cookbook, but for the life of me I can't remember. I do know that this is not my original recipe and I in no way claim that it is. All I can say is that it is quick, easy, and tasty. Yes, I know I just said that but it really does need repeating. Try this. Please. So, so good.

French Dip Sandwiches

Chuck roast or tri-tip roast (I used a chuck roast. Two, actually)
1 can Campbell's Beef Broth
1 can Campbell's French Onion
1 can Campbell's Beef Consumme

Put your roast in the crock pot. Pour the soups over the meat, cover, and cook on low 8-10 hours. I do not recommend cooking on high. Cooking this cut  of meat on low makes it supremely tender and I don't just get that from cooking it on high. I've tried.

Once your meat is done cooking, take it out of your pot, reserving the liquid. Shred the meat using two forks. Assemble as follows: take a sandwich roll, split it, and put a bit of the liquid on the bottom of the roll. Add meat, fold the top over, and cut in half. Server with the au jus on the side for dipping. I like to round out the meal with potato chips and carrot sticks. Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. This sounds fabulous! You can't have too many crockpot recipes! Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete