Thursday, October 10, 2013

Feed A Cold...

Starve A Fever.

I, like I'm sure many of you do, like to think of myself as SuperMom. It gives me great pleasure to know there are things that I do that would put a lesser man (my husband) to shame: laundry, dishes, cleaning. The usual. I pride myself on my multitasking. And even when I get the sniffles or I'm feeling a bit run down, I can still get things accomplished. I'm SuperMom after all! But a fever, a fever is my kryptonite. It knocks me down and hold me there until the dishes are piled up, there are no clean clothes to be had, and the house is a nightmare. The kids are forced to buy their lunch from school and supper is whatever my husband can throw together (he comes up with interesting concoctions!).

Tuesday, I had a scratchy sore throat, but by Tuesday evening I had a full blown fever. I was down for the count. I stayed in bed most of yesterday, thankful and blessed that my MIL made lunches for the kids and even made them supper. I was still feeling poorly this morning too, and she made lunches again.

Thankfully I started feeling better (though I still have a low grade temperature) and there is a load of laundry in the washer and supper in the crockpot.

So, I apologize for my absence and I look forward to sharing a crocktober recipe with you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment