Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall Festival of Folklife

Today I ventured over to the annual Fall Festival of Folklife in my town. It was the first time I've been there in several years but I can honestly say not much has changed. This year was the 40th anniversary of an event that was originally only supposed to be three years. It was arranged to be part of the Bicentennial Celebration and run from 1974-1976. It has grown from 50 demonstrator/crafters to over 200. There are activities for children, musical performances, dancing (traditional types), different handicraft demonstrations, and lots of food. I had such a good time, I just may go again next year!

 An awesomely tall scarecrow
 Hand whittled faces
 Fun painted hubcaps!
 Civil war reenactments
 Lots of music
 Can you see the 40 in there? Loved this display.

Besides delicious food, I bought myself a tote bag with the 40th logo on it and several books the local library was selling (only .50 cents a piece!)

No comments:

Post a Comment