Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Party On A Budget: Back to School-Decorations

Hello!

As previously noted, today was the first day of school for my kiddos. I can't say they were thrilled, but I was more than ready to ship them off. Don't get me wrong...I love my children to bits and I missed them something fierce, but I also loved being able to read in a quiet house, not having to listen to bickering because they were getting bored with each other, and getting a chance to use my computer for more than five seconds before it was commandeered by someone else.

Truth be told, I think they were ready to go back. They all came home with smiling faces and good things to say about their days.

To get them ready for the big day, I had a little Back to School party for them. Now, I have a very strict budget, but I wanted something fun for them too. A good party has all the essentials: decorations, gifts, good food, and goodie bags. I started with the decorations. I went to my favorite budget place: The Dollar Store. Seriously, this place rocks. It is my go to place for seasonal stuff and I knew I would be able to find something there for not a lot of money. Here's what I purchased:

                                                 Flash Cards, Sentence Strips, Teacher Signs
                                         (excuse the poor quality of the photos. My camera sucks)
                                             Punch out letters, Ribbon, Composition book

Total: $10

I selected a few of the sentence strips with words and used the blank one to write matching French words on them. My oldest is taking French again this year and I thought she'd appreciate it. The letters, ribbon, and composition book became a banner that reads "Back to School". I made everything with a Sharpie and double stick tape. I thought it turned out pretty cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment