Friday, September 6, 2013

Party On A Budget: Back to School-Goodie Bags

I was hoping to do a "Fall for cotton Friday" post, but alas, I have yet to cut my pattern, let alone my fabric. Very behind on that! So, today I bring you the goodie bags from our Back to School party. Those, to me, are the best part of a party. I love to make them, especially. It's always fun to think of something cute that goes with your theme, that you think your guests will enjoy. I wasn't sure at first what to do for this though. The kids already have scads of supplies and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. To the internet I went for inspiration! Drawing ideas from here and here, I made each of them a Back to School Survival Kit. Everything but the Almond Joy bars came from the Dollar Store or Party City (Party City carries loose candy relatively cheap. I think 25 pieces for less than a $1).





                                       I tied the bags closed with leftover ribbon from the BTS banner


I typed up an explanation of each item, mounted it on card stock, and attached it to the bag

Here's what the tag said:

To start the year off right, I'm giving you a Back to School Survival Kit.
There are Smarties to boost your smart brain power and a Rubber band
to help stretch your mind. A Tootsie roll is to remind you to roll with the
punches. There's a Sponge to remind you to soak it all in and a Pencil to let
you know how sharp I think you are. The Lollipops are to remind you that
you can lick any problem that comes your way. The Eraser is to remind you
can start each new day with a clean slate. The chocolate Hug is to remind you
that I love you. The Starbursts are to remind you that you are always a star and that
everyone shines in their own way. I hope this year brings you great Joy

Of course, it was cuter on the tag, with a different font and colors highlighting the objects! The kids loved it and it was an easy and inexpensive way to start the school year off with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment