Friday, January 3, 2014

A Fun Friday

According to several weather reports, we were supposed to have some nasty, rainy weather last night and then freezing temperatures. We were also supposed to have a dusting of snow. All we got was rain. However, since I didn't know what the weather was going to be like and it was supposed to be bitterly cold today with high winds (which it was), I decided to let the kids stay home. Boy were they happy!

They slept in, lounged around in their pj's all day, and just generally had a nice, lazy day at home. As an added bonus, I made a fun breakfast for them: pancake muffins. Now, I had seen this idea on facebook (which I think came from Pinterest), and I was intrigued by it. It looked like something they would enjoy. But when I made them, they puffed up like muffins (like these) instead of sinking into cups. The kids loved them, though next time they request that the chocolate chips be stirred into the batter. Here's how I made them:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin (I used spray)
2. Make your pancake batter (I use the Trader Joe's mix)
3. Scoop into your prepared pan and sprinkle on toppings
4. Bake 15-20 minutes

 Before baking
After baking

No comments:

Post a Comment