Monday, January 6, 2014

It's been forever since I've posted a menu here, but rest assured I've been planning every week. It makes everything so much easier when there's a plan in place. Occasionally I have to be flexible (especially if I go to the store and find an awesome deal on something), but for the most part I'm able to keep pretty close to what I've planned. Lately though, I have strayed from more vintage menus and I'm trying to work on getting back on track with them. I think they allow for a nice variety, plus open us up to trying new foods. Here's this week's menu, slightly adapted from my Modern Family Cookbook (1943).

Monday-Corned beef hash, eggs, baked squash, bread and butter, whipped gelatine

Tuesday-Indian butter chicken, baked potatoes, carrots

Wednesday-Pan fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, peas, butterscotch pudding

Thursday-Scalloped potatoes and ham, butter beans, carrots, apple dumplings

Friday-Chicken a la king, cottage potatoes, spinach

Saturday-Date Night

Sunday-Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cocoa puff

Do you menu plan? For loads of menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com!


Edit-I could have sworn I posted this yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment